JAM Job Description
Serious are looking for a Junior Account Manager (who will become an AM within 6 months).
Serious want someone who is willing to develop an in-depth understanding of a client’s marketplace, their business and their objectives in order to work with agency colleagues to develop the right marketing activity for them.
They will need the ability to work solo and as part of a team. Managing various types of people, maximizing each of their skill sets to complete a project cost effectively, as well as delivering with added value.
Key characteristics: The successful candidate will need to demonstrate integrity, diplomacy, commitment and motivation. They will also need to be articulate, persuasive, numerate, have an eye for detail and the desire to work as part of a team; together with charm — and a sense of fun! Clock watchers need not apply.
• Supporting the Client services team
• Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss and identify their requirements
• Working with agency colleagues to devise campaign plans that meet the client’s brief and budget
• Presenting, alongside agency colleagues the campaign ideas
• Writing briefs including media, creative and research
• Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and agency by maintaining regular contact ensuring that communication flows effectively
• Presenting creative work to clients for approval or modification
• Handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients
• Writing contact reports
• Monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of campaigns
• Undertaking administration tasks – see below
• Arranging and attending meetings
• Managing client media schedules, including distribution of the correct media artwork to meet publications deadlines
• Complete research for new business meetings
• Manage third party relationships and costs such as printers, production teams and photographers
• Keeping Job folders up-to-date, both hard and soft copies
• Signing off all client artwork – including managing internal approval
• Manage the development of project central and implement training
• Manage all internal projects including development of the digital presence
• Manage Serious social media such as twitter and facebook accounts
• Maintain “workshop” tools
• Maintain “samples” library
• Speak fluent English
• Have relevant marketing qualifications (preferred only)
• Have previous agency experience (minimum 9 months)
• Drive – due to location